Behavioral Health Clinician: Group Facilitator
If you want to work in an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives, come join us at the AIDS Support Group of Cape Cod (ASGCC) as a Behavioral Health Clinician: Group Facilitator.
ASGCC’s mission is to save lives through prevention, education, and life sustaining services that address public health crises to build healthy communities across the Cape and the Islands. The AIDS Support Group of Cape Cod (ASGCC) is looking for a Behavioral Health Clinician: Group Facilitator to support our mission by providing the following:
• Direct services in group format for the ASGCC’s support groups, (including “Common Thread” and others). These groups are based on the harm reduction model, providing a judgment-free behavioral health group that does not mandate abstinence as part of one’s “recovery”.
• Health and wellness education using the Harm Reduction Model, i.e., the ability to meet participants where they are at with regard to substance use.
• Facilitating group in-person and virtually via online media platforms.
• Ensuring participants are fully engaged throughout their group sessions.
• Demonstrating the ability to set appropriate boundaries, defuse intense and chaotic situations to enhance the safety of all involved, manage issues.
• Facilitating group according to the organization’s guidelines, as well as the Social Work Code of Ethics.
• Confidential and HIPAA-compliant feedback to ASGCC CEO, COO and/or Program Directors regarding relevant themes and/or community needs identified during groups.
• Assisting with increasing participants motivational level by addressing barriers and assessing needs to facilitate health behavior change.
• Confidential, HIPAA-compliant participant logs of all attendees, report data to Program Directors.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work, with current and valid licensure as a Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Independent Clincial Social Worker (LICSW). Other related education and licensures will be considered on a case-by-case basis, including Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Clinical Psychologists, etc.
Qualified candidates will have life experience with – or strong knowledge of – the populations served by ASGCC’s behavioral health groups, which include people living with HIV, people disproportionately impacted by stigma based upon their identity (including the LGBTQIA+ population), and those impacted by substance use and/or addiction.
Fees for this service are contingent upon experience.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
ASGCC is an equal opportunity employer. A core value of the organization is our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age and /or other factors that define who you are.