Chief Programs Officer (CPO)
The AIDS Support Group of Cape Cod (ASGCC) is seeking a Chief Programs Officer (CPO) to oversee programming agency-wide. The CPO’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the vision and goals of the organization remain client focused and that collaboration with community partners align with our mission and vision as set forth by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The CPO is also responsible for the development of a programmatic strategic plan that outlines trackable program outcome measures solidifying continued grant funding opportunities.
Currently located in Provincetown, Hyannis, Falmouth, Martha’s Vineyard – and with two Mobile Outreach Vans serving all of the Cape and Islands – ASGCC has been providing care and prevention services for people impacted by HIV/AIDS for nearly 40 years. Our services for people living with HIV include extensive case management, transportation assistance, access to food and nutrition services, housing assistance, and a wide range of other services to help people living with HIV lead healthy lives; additionally, ASGCC provides services for those at risk for HIV, including traditional HIV prevention (including STI screenings and preventative medications such as PrEP), as well as a robust Harm Reduction services program, including free Narcan distribution and syringe services.
As the leading provider of overdose prevention services in the region, we are at the forefront of the fight against the opioid epidemic on the Cape. We are deeply committed to serving people who experience stigma and discrimination, whether based on race, gender identity, sexual orientation/identity, socio-economic status, health status, and/or on one’s relationship to substances.
JOB SUMMARY: The CPO serves as member of the executive leadership team and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting ASGCC. In consultation with the CEO, the CPO is responsible to establish a programmatic strategic vision and guiding philosophy that will inform short- and long-term goals of programming, drive new programs and carefully monitor the progress toward those efforts.
The CPO has overall responsibility for all Program Directors, direct care staff, their supervisors, and program administrative/support staff. This role is a strategic leadership position and should rely on the program directors for day-to-day program management. The CPO position oversees outreach services, residential services, and clinical programs, contributes to strategic planning, leads program development, and ensures quality assurance of services and data collection/submission.
The Chief Programs Officer’s primary duties and responsibilities are:
• Strategic Leadership: o Work closely with the CEO, other members of the executive leadership team and direct reports to advance ASGCC’s mission, vision, and values. o Establish a strategic vision and guiding program philosophy; identify and develop new programs, support program implementation through Program Directors and carefully monitor the progress toward those efforts. o Ensure programming is reflective of the goals of the agency, as directed by the CEO. • Leadership/Management: o Lead and support Program Directors to ensure mission viability throughout all agency programs; provide oversight of data reporting and analysis. o Lead and support Program Directors to apply performance management supports where needed. • Programs, Development and Evaluation: o Continual review and enhancement of current programs to ensure relevance and be up to date with advancements in the field and/or changing demographics. This would include data driven recommendations for growth and/or revisions to meet the needs of the agency. o Develop and implement new programs as needs emerge. Implement improvements for maximizing efficiencies and provide consistency throughout programs. o Develop policies and procedures aligning service delivery with the requirements of government contracts, grants, foundations, or as otherwise required by the organization. o Support Program Directors to ensure mission viability throughout all service provision. Review other provider programs (state & nationally) to support improved systems such as documentation, data collection, and best practice implementation. o Streamline documentation and reporting across all services. o Outline program development, looking at unique opportunities, and create actionable agendas that can be implemented by Program Directors. o In collaboration with Officers and Directors, develop procedures for monitoring the quality and quantity of the services being delivered for adherence to outputs, outcomes, goals, expected standards of care, and to meet grant deliverables. Support Directors through implementation. o Review pertinent data points for intersectional correlations that could support new or improved programing or funding opportunities. • Budget Development and Management: o Prepare and submit an annual operations budget for review and approval by the CEO, manage effectively within the budget, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered. o Ensure the continued financial viability of ASGCC’s program services through sound fiscal management. • External Relationships: o Partner with the CEO to represent ASGCC with external constituency groups, including community, governmental, and private organizations. o Build external relationships, collaborations, and partnerships with other organizations in order to broaden services. o Strengthen community partner relationships to promote external resources and internal program development. o Manage and prioritize relationships with key partner organizations. o Support fundraising efforts through relationship building, site visits, program presentations, events, and grant writing participation. o Promote program wins and client success stories throughout the organization including staff, funders, private donors, and collaborative partners to keep individuals motivated and informed about ASGCC. o Promote clear communication and collaboration between all departments throughout the organization to ensure succinct progress toward current goals.
Performs other duties and activities as assigned.
Responsibility and Accountability
An employee in the job of CPO is a member of ASGCC’s executive team, reporting directly to the CEO. A person in this job is the top program operations person in the organization and is responsible for managing program staff, including performance evaluations, hiring, disciplinary action, promotions, and terminations. Program Directors and Managers report directly to the CPO.
• Master’s degree in Public Administration, Health, Social Work, Human Services Management, or a related field required.
• Must have 10+ years of management experience, and 5+ years of demonstrated progressive experience in leadership preferred.
• Must have demonstrable effectiveness in program development and enhancement, including strategic planning, supervision, and program development
• Analytical with experience in program development, evaluation, and knowledge of best practices.
• Must have experience in managing a budget greater than $1 million.
• Strong public speaking, writing, and communication skills.
• Established leadership and staff supervision skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of HIV/HCV/STIs and related issues and the LBGTQ culture preferred.
This is a full-time position working mostly traditional office hours, Monday-Friday.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations Required:
None required. LICSW or LCSW a plus.
Technical Skills Required:
Must have solid computer skills, including MS office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Drive, web searches, and email). Must be proficient in use of Mac computers. Knowledge of databases and design pertinent to managing operations data also required.
• Must be able to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships while maintaining professional boundaries and develop constructive and collaborative working relationships with others and maintain them over time. Must be able to connect with individuals and be nonjudgmental.
• Be familiar with public health priorities that are ASGCC’s focus (including HIV, sexual health, harm reduction, and behavioral health) and knowledgeable about the populations we serve. When in communities served (Cape Cod), must maintain confidentiality, and both professional and ethical boundaries.
• Must have demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
• Must have excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to quickly assess a situation and come to a solution.
• Be able to work on a team as well as independently. Have excellent written and oral communication skills. Have excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organizational skills.
• Must be a critical thinker and use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
• Must model appropriate boundaries with staff and provide constructive guidance to workers – particularly Community Health Workers – who may live within communities the agency serves, as it relates to consistent, professional boundaries.
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
For questions (including to request full job description), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for the Chief Programming Officer (CPO) position, please submit cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.
ASGCC is an equal opportunity employer. A core value of the organization is our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age and /or other factors that define who you are.