Behavioral Health Clinician: Group Facilitator
The AIDS Support Group of Cape Cod (ASGCC) is looking for a Behavioral Health Clinician: Groups Facilitator to assist in the running of ASGCC’s clinical support group offerings. The current need is for someone who can work via Zoom running groups and, as COVID-19 protocols allow, shift to providing some in-person group services at our Falmouth and Hyannis sites. (Future work may include group work at one of our Provincetown sites.)
The Behavioral Health Clinician: Group Facilitator position’s primary duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Provide direct services in group format for the ASGCC’s support groups, (including “Common Thread” and others). These groups are basedon the harm reduction model, providing a judgment-free behavioral health group that does not mandate abstinence as part of one’s “recovery”.
- Provide health and wellness education using the Harm Reduction Model, i.e., the ability to meet participants where they are at with regard to substance use.
- Facilitate group in person and virtually via online media platforms.
- Ensure participants are fully engaged throughout their group sessions.
- Demonstrate the ability to set appropriate boundaries, defuse intense and chaotic situations to enhance the safety of all involved, manage issues.
- Facilitate group according to the organization’s guidelines, as well as the Social Work Code of Ethics.
- Provide confidential and HIPAA-compliant feedback to ASGCC CEO, COO and/or Program Directors regarding relevant themes and/or community needs identified during groups.
- Assist with increasing participants motivational level by addressing barriers and assessing needs to facilitate health behavior change.
- Maintain confidential, HIPAA-compliant participant logs of all attendees, report data to Program
Qualified candidates will have a Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work, with current and valid licensure as a Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Independent Clincial Social Worker (LICSW). Other related education and licensures will be considered on a case-by-case basis, including Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC), Clinical Psychologists, etc.
Qualified candidates will have lived experience with – or strong knowledge of – the populations served by ASGCC’s behavioral health groups, which include people living with HIV, people disproportionately impacted by stigma based upon their identity (including the LGBTQIA+ population), and those impacted by substance use and/or addiction.
Consultant fees for this service/position are contingent upon experience.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
ASGCC is an equal opportunity employer. A core value of the organization is our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age and /or other factors that define who you are.