We are looking for a Director of Development who has the expertise to play a key role in the growth of the AIDS Support Group of Cape Cod (ASGCC). Our mission is to save lives through prevention, education and life-sustaining services that address public health crises to build healthy communities across the Cape and Islands.
Currently located in Provincetown, Hyannis, Falmouth, and the Islands, ASGCC has been providing comfort care and services to people living with HIV/AIDS for 35 years. Our services include extensive case management, transportation assistance, access to food and nutrition services, housing assistance, and a wide range of other services to help people living with HIV lead healthy lives. In addition to our client services we provide a full range of prevention and screening services, including providing lifesaving information as well as testing and screening for HIV and many other sexually transmitted infections. As the leading provider of overdose prevention services (including Narcan trainings and distribution) in the region, we are at the forefront of the fight against the opioid epidemic on the Cape; we are deeply committed to working with individuals disproportionately impacted by the stigmatization of addiction. In addition, we operate syringe access programs at some of our sites. Through our outreach programs, ASGCC reaches over 100,000 residents and visitors each year.
The Director of Development’s primary responsibility is to plan, direct, and manage a comprehensive development program, including leading development activities on behalf of the CEO, and building and sustaining relationships with donors, influential leaders and decision makers throughout the community. The Director of Development is also responsible for developing a strategic plan to promote growth and implement annual giving programs, capital campaigns, major gifts, planned giving and special events programs. Essential job functions are:
- Leadership and Management of Development Programs: Provide leadership and management for the planning, execution, and evaluation of comprehensive development programs designed to fund ASGCC’s short- and long-term objectives.
- Strategic Development Planning: Develop comprehensive strategic and operational development plans, including detailed fundraising strategies for annual, capital and endowment giving, online and offline fundraising strategies, staffing and budget requirements, revenue and expense projections, goals, timetables, and precise measurements for monitoring the effectiveness and efficiency of the development plans.
- Major Gifts and Planned Giving Programs: Develop and grow the major gifts and planned giving programs, including gifts from individuals, organizations, corporations and foundations. Working with the CEO, lead the cultivation and solicitation of major gift prospects and maintain contact with key prospects and donors.
- Grants Management: Oversee the grant writing and submission process. Expand funding through new grants by researching new opportunities for grant funding. Ensure competitive grants are submitted and awarded by private foundations and government entities. Complete effective and accurate reports required by grantors and submit them on a timely basis. Establish and maintain strong and mutually supportive relationships with grantors.
- Annual Giving Campaigns: Oversee annual giving campaigns both online and offline.
- Leadership/Management: Serve as a member of the management team. Work closely with Agency staff to ensure effective communication and plans and strategies that support ASGCC’s mission and growth.
- Management of Staff: Direct and manage the Events and Volunteer Coordinator.
- Data Management: Oversee the management of the donor database and the establishment and maintenance of protocols for ensuring data is accurate and timely and efficient. Regularly review, analyze, and report key data to management related to donors, sponsors, email and prospect information, and key fundraising activities. Keep abreast of new technologies that can leverage the Agency’s ability to fundraise.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Must have at least five years of experience as a professional, multi-faceted fundraiser and marketer for a nonprofit organization.
- Must have database experience and a demonstrated understanding of the importance of obtaining and maintaining reliable data, measuring results of fundraising activities, and providing useful and meaningful reports.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours when needed, including evenings and weekends as the marketing calendar dictates.
- Must have proven success and expertise in development planning and management of major and planned gifts through knowledge of various methods of charitable giving and knowledge of the legal and tax implications of both current and planned gifts.
- Must have demonstrable effectiveness in non-profit fundraising and program enhancement, including strategic planning, supervision and program development.
- Must be able to generate enthusiasm and coordinate community and civic groups, businesses and individuals to work together to benefit ASGCC.
- Must have strong knowledge of and experience with social media as a tool for fundraising and marketing.
In addition, successful candidates must:
- Have demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to quickly assess a situation and come to a solution.
- Be able to work on a team as well as independently.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Have excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organizational skills.
- Be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events and manage competing demands. Must be able to change approach or method to best fit the situation. Must be able to inspire others to be adaptable to change.
- Be able to speak clearly, appropriately and effectively with a diverse group of individuals.
This is a full-time position working mostly traditional hours, Monday-Friday, with occasional non-traditional hours for agency events and special service arrangements. Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter.
Applications that do not include cover letters will be eliminated from consideration.
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org