Outreach Worker: ASGCC Drop-in Center, Provincetown
The AIDS Support Group of Cape Cod (ASGCC) is seeking two to four Outreach Workers for Summer 2022 in Provincetown.
Currently located in Provincetown, Hyannis, Falmouth, Martha’s Vineyard – and with two Mobile Outreach Vans serving all of the Cape and Islands – ASGCC has been providing care and prevention services for people impacted by HIV/AIDS for nearly 40 years. Our services for people living with HIV include extensive case management, transportation assistance, access to food and nutrition services, housing assistance, and a wide range of other services to help people living with HIV lead healthy lives; additionally, ASGCC provides services for those at risk for HIV, including traditional HIV prevention (including STI screenings and preventative medications such as PrEP), as well as a robust Harm Reduction services program, including free Narcan distribution and syringe services.
This is a temporary position that runs from June 2022 through September 2022. Candidates must be 21 years old or older. Outreach workers will be based at the ASGCC Drop-in Center on Commercial Street in Provincetown and should enjoy working in high-energy social settings and in a community of people with diverse sexual orientations and identities. Candidates should be knowledgeable about sexual health and HIV/AIDS (including PrEP) and comfortable discussing basic sexual health matters in a variety of settings, including one-on-one and in public venues. Competitive hourly pay, with flexible hours that include holidays, weekends and evenings. (Some training will be provided.)
- Outreach work in nightclubs, bars, beaches, and on the street providing individuals and groups with sexual health and prevention tools, information/education about HIV risk, strategies for long-term prevention for both HIV-negative and HIV-positive communities, and information about routine testing and accessing PrEP
- Hosting duties at ASGCC Drop-in Center, including welcoming clients and appointment scheduling
- Answering phones and triaging incoming requests
- Participates in targeted community organizing and related outreach programming
- Preparation of prevention outreach packets and distribution as directed
- Daily documentation of statistical information as required by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including public speaking
- Ability to lift, carry and set-up supplies, equipment and materials
- Ability to consistently work with individuals and groups in a professional, even-tempered, and gracious manner
- Sensitivity to culture, history and social behaviors relating to the LGBTQIA+ community
- Ability to maintain appropriate boundaries in various settings, including ability to de-escalate charged situations one may encounter during outreach and/or hosting duties
- Commitment to the empowerment and involvement of at-risk populations in HIV prevention education
Applicants interested in Outreach Worker position should call or visit ASGCC’s Drop-in Center (148a Commercial Street, Provincetown / 508.487.8311) or email email@example.com
ASGCC is an equal opportunity employer. A core value of the organization is our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We welcome all qualified individuals to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age and /or other factors that define who you are.